Trouble showing feelings. HELP!

My girlfriend and I have been going out for over 4 months. We have a stable relationship, but i have a problem. She's told me that she wants me to show my feelings for her more. That's something that i want to do, but it is difficult for me. Does anyone have any ideas on how i could show my feelings twords her better. i love her very much, but its very hard for me.

well first of all if you love her then your feelings come natural....just be yourself.....open up to her...and if you trust in her, tell her your secrets and tell her how you feel....believe me it makes a realationship great....it is all a part of love......

My girlfriend and I have been going out for over 4 months. We have a stable relationship, but i have a problem. She's told me that she wants me to show my feelings for her more. That's something that i want to do, but it is difficult for me. Does anyone have any ideas on how i could show my feelings twords her better. i love her very much, but its very hard for me.

Tyler,

As a guy, I know that sometimes it can be really hard to express feelings to the woman you love. Think of it this way- If you really love her, you'll express your love to her. How you express that love though, is entirely up to you. Here's a key to remember- if you two are truly in love, no matter what you do, she'll appreciate it. Just put love, thought, time, and effort into it. I'm not sure what your talents are, but make use of them. If you can draw, make her a picture. If you can write, give her a poem. If you are articulate, hold her hand, and list everything you love about her. And those are just suggestions- there are so many things you can do depending on who you are.

The bottom line is...she'll love whatever you do as long as it's from the heart...and finally, do something that's uniquely you. I know she'll love it.

Best Wishes,

Excelsior

Women want to hear and feel that they are loved in their "own ideas" of love. It might be unfare to men because there are so many who have a hard time expressing it. The problem is why do you have a hard time? think about it. Are you afraid of showing it because you think you'll eventually get hurt? Is it against your idea of maleness? I think these are the issues you have to think about first. And when you see where you stand, you will be able to express yourself in your own way. I feel that a lot of people have hard times expressing their love to people because of their fear of eventual rejection. I know I'm one. Recently I realized that, when I appreciate myself, I appreciate others and I'm able to show that feeling in my own natural way. So my suggestion is that you think about why you can't show your love, talk to her about it, be honest, and open up to her...I think honesty is the best form of love you can show to a person. You're really giving a piece of you, you know. Then you might feel more comfortable expressing yourself to her....in many ways. Good luck!

Feelings are a very personal issue, and to show feelings comes as a result of an extension of oneself and the way one regards the other. Words don't necessarily need to be used to let your girlfriend know how you feel. Perhaps talking or showing may be difficult for you, but maybe there are other ways that you express yourself to others. A hobby, a talent, something about you that attracted your girlfriend to you originally. I am in a relationship where those aspects bothered me to the point that I dwelled on them and they became very negative in the relationship. Once I started to understand and see that my husband didn't necessarily communicate that I did or the way that I wanted to, and I began to see the other ways he did, I became much more self assured in his love for me. Your girlfriend might want to know how deeply you feel for her. Is there a way that you can do that that is natural for you. Maybe you can cook a mean bowl of soup, then do that. Take your talents, loves, hobbies, and work on that - but always - be yourself. Don't force the issue upon yourself, if you're just not ready for it. If you are ready - it will come naturally, if you want her to know you cherish her, you'll find a way that's perfect, and not necessarily the norm. But for all cliches - Flowers are great (unless of course... allergies....that's when the soup comes in..) Hope it works. The fact that you're here looking for some answers says a lot already - that you listen.. and that you care.. and to start.. that's a great place!