Not enough affection!

57BugGirl

I have been with my boyfirend for over 4 yrs...and since the beginning he has not exactly fulfilled me in terms of affection. I enjoy a lot of hugging, kissing, little things like that. To hear nice things, and I also very much enjoyed doing the same...but since we have been together, and a few times he has been less than receptive to my advances.....I have since stopped being very romantic myself...in fear of rejection mostly. I used to sent little love notes in his lunch, put ballons on his vehicle to show him how special he was to me, leave notes on the mirror for him, place notes in shoes, etc.

I no longer feel like I can do this without feeling like it was just for nothing. I still send him email cards, aand most of the time I have to ask if he even received them as he says nothing to me about them.

We have talked time and time again, and I did after 2 yrs with him, stray outside the relationship...for affection...we broke up for over a year....to only find each other again and we have been in a HONEST relationship now for over 2 yrs. I do not intend on cheating on him ever again, that was a mistake I made based on feeling pretty much alone in the relationship and I went the wrong direction.

When we talk about this issue, lack of affection...he says that too many times in his past, not only by me , but by several others he has been hurt and no longer can be that affectionate person that he was before and that I should be patient. I have been over 2 yrs patient. Should I continue to be patient because I did something wrong to hurt our relationship 2+ yrs ago?

Is there something I can do to make him want to pull me off into another room and make love to me on the spur of the moment...or to walk up behind me and kiss my neck...the relationship that I was in...the one that was WRONG...that man was extrememly affectionate...and very much made me feel like a woman at all times....I want this from my boyfriend...right now I dont even feel like a woman most of the time from lack of this.

What can I do?