Is it cheating??

So I'm assuming you are going to cut ties with this other guy then, and give more to your relationship with your b/f? Maybe talk with your b/f about what you feel is lacking, your vulnerabilty is left wide open for things to happen as long as there is that gap between you and your b/f. Good luck to ya.

Sounds like it's probably not a big deal, but like other said, it's heading in the wrong direction. And an emotional connection can be just as damaging as physical. I have yet to figure out why so many people think b/c it's only online "it's not real". My gf told me that after I caught her talking to guys online, even some she met online since we met. I guess she forgot WE met online.

I don't think things have gone so far you necesssarily have to cut off contact with the friend. But you do need to tell your bf basically exactly what you told us. Honey, I don't even know if this is wrong, but figured you should know. And if you continue to talk to this friend, make the conversations somewhat less personal.

JustMakeMeBelieve
We talk for hours on end at night and can talk about anything and everything. Lately we have started having more sexual conversations, but they do not really involve us, it has just been about sex in general. My boyfriend knows that we talk, although he may not realize the extent or what we really talk about. I am very torn about this, is this cheating??? Please help!

You are involved with your BF but you spend hours on end n the phone/computer with this guy and your BF may not realize the extent or what you talk about? You are very torn about this and ask "is this cheating"?

HONEY, IT'S CHEATING. EVEN IF THERE IS NO PHYSICAL CONTACT, IT'S CHEATING. YOU ARE BETRAYING YOUR BFS TRUST.

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT?

WOULD YOU THEN CONSIDER IT CHEATING IF HE DID IT TO YOU?

I BETCHA YOU WOULD.

Okay, to clarify something....when I said it had turned sexual I don't mean in a serious matter...it's like the way I would joke around with my girlfriends. That's why I'm so confused about it b/c it feels like a relationship I have with my best girlfriend and that's not inappropriate, so is this inappropriate just because he's of the opposite sex? My boyfriend and I have a very good relationship, we may not talk as much as I would like, but that's just the female in me, so it's not like I'm seeking conversation elsewhere, this other guy and I just really get along. If my boyfriend were doing this with one of my girlfriends, I would trust each of them to know it wouldn't snowball into anything other than a friendship...I wouldn't consider it disrespectful to me. My bf knows I talk to his friend and he doesn't have a problem with us having the friendship.

IMHO you wouldn't have asked the initial question if you didn't already figure you were cheating. This now sounds more like the little devil on your shoulder saying it's OK.

(BTW, relationships by computer, phone or letter tend to focus on the unreal rather than the real - stick with the real boyfriend or leave, but don't assume that a computer relationship is the real thing.)