1 year slump?

mysticalstar

Hey everyone. Well they say that in a relationship after about a year you really have to work at things...and I think they are right!! I have been with my boyfriend for about 1 year and 3 months now. We are both in our fourth year of college and attend the same one. We spent a month apart over Christmas break and now that we are back things have been very shaky. He insists that I have been crabby towards him lately and I think he has been very distant which is possibly why I have been crabby. We talked the whole month we were apart and never really fought over the phone. A week before we started school I went and visited him and his family and things went good but now that we are back up at school all we do is argue. We haven't even been spending that much time together because it stresses the both of us out. It isn't that I don't love him...because honestly I think I do and I think he loves me too. I just don't understand the bickering? Also, over break While I was at home I ran into an old fling of mine and we have been talking on the phone ever since. My boyfriend does not know and I feel bad going behind his back...but I am just stuck and I don't know what to do. I never cheated and only saw him out on New Years. However, I love talking to the old flame and I don't know if I am completely over him ....even though he has a past of cheating on me. I still go back to him all the time. I don't know if I want to break things off with my long term boyfriend because I don't know what I want or what I should do. If anyone can help by giving some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks so much

-Stuck in a rut!