TONY (Re: college question)

Rachel

wow! what college did you go to?! how'd you get all that stuff? the college i'm going to is actually in north carolina and i'm going to get there the night before orientation, do you think that's enough time? because i'm thinking that i might be able to change my ticket for an earlier one. thanks.

Got there a day before orientation. As a result, I got free off-campus apartment for four years: free tuition from freshman year to completion of Ph.D.; three free meals a day for entire duration of college; great meals in off campus restaurants three days a week; air fare to home and back anytime I wanted to go; all-expense paid annual vacation to anywhere in the world prior to graduation; all dates fully paid for; a new car to drive every six months; and a fully-paid for home upon graduation.

So I think it's important that you arrive at least a day before orientation or you may miss out on a lot!!! I don't think your question is idiotic at all. I'm glad you asked.

You obviously don't have the same sense of humor as I do. You couldn't possibly have thought I was being serious...unless.....

No, I didn't get any of those things....only in my wildest dreams.

I think you should arrive a day before orientation so you can become accustomed to the campus prior to that. No, don't expect any big benefits for getting there early...except to get to know your way around.