Bitterness

Lil' Jinx

Hello. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. I feel very bitter towards him due to some hateful things he has done (on purpose).

I am having trouble forgiving him, sometimes I feel so hurt and bitter that I feel either angry or numb when I see him. I hate feeling this way and I am begginning to question if I even love him anymore due to these negative feelings.

I ended the relationship for a short time, I thought distancing myself would help me gain a better perspective. I realize that this relationship cannot grow unless I forgive.

I have read books, wrote in my journal, vented to friends, prayed, but I can't seem to get past this.

I have discussed my feelings many times with my boyfriend but it doesn't seem to help. Sometimes I say mean things to him because I feel so bitter(I know this is very wrong).

Bitterness is a terrible poison, and I realize it is up to me to let it go in order for this relationship to grow.

Sometimes I think that the only way to stop this is to end the relationship.

Any tips on how to let go of bitterness (besides therapy)?

At what point should a person end a relationship in regards to my situation?

Thank you.

Sounds like you've already answered your own question. If it were me (and this is only my personal opinion) I'd cut him loose and move on...unless you think there's anything about the relationship (besides the security) that's worth hanging onto. Any chance he will change?...Or is this just his personality? One thing I've learned is that you can't change or "fix" people. Save your time and energy to heal yourself. When your standing on solid ground, someone better will come along...

Hello. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. I feel very bitter towards him due to some hateful things he has done (on purpose). I am having trouble forgiving him, sometimes I feel so hurt and bitter that I feel either angry or numb when I see him. I hate feeling this way and I am begginning to question if I even love him anymore due to these negative feelings. I ended the relationship for a short time, I thought distancing myself would help me gain a better perspective. I realize that this relationship cannot grow unless I forgive. I have read books, wrote in my journal, vented to friends, prayed, but I can't seem to get past this. I have discussed my feelings many times with my boyfriend but it doesn't seem to help. Sometimes I say mean things to him because I feel so bitter(I know this is very wrong). Bitterness is a terrible poison, and I realize it is up to me to let it go in order for this relationship to grow. Sometimes I think that the only way to stop this is to end the relationship. Any tips on how to let go of bitterness (besides therapy)? At what point should a person end a relationship in regards to my situation? Thank you.