MEN, Any suggestions, PLS?!

I would like to marry my girlfriend. I am thinking a special way to propose her, rather than just propose inside a nice restuarant with diamond ring and flower. I would like to think of sth within reasonable budge.

How to propose to my girlfriend?

Thanks!

Hire a pilot to fly a banner asking her to marry you overhead while you are having a picnic.

Get a local disc jockey from her favorite radio station to pop the question at a specific time.

Write a classified ad in the personals using first names and some other identifying information and ask her to look at the personals for some specific ad you saw.

Buy a 30 second spot on a cable TV outlet and propose right on TV. Those cable spots are pretty cheap...and they may give you a nice discount for the publicity.

Get an outdoor billboard.

Make a set of five or six signs with a few words on each sign and put them up maybe 40 feet apart along a country highway. Get permission from the owner of the property. Then take her for a drive, tell her to look at the signs...then go from there.

I'm sure you'll get lots of other ideas before the day is over.

You're so sweet - I don't want a proposal in the restaurant with ring and flowers. Make is special for her. Think of something that she enjoys - or maybe both of you enjoy. My friend's boyfriend (now husband) put the ring in his softball sock and came in the house pretending to be hurt from softball. He asked her to help take off the shoe - out fell the ring. That suited them because they both enjoyed sports. Have a picnic and write the proposal on the napkin - if you enjoy picnics together and that is something that the both of you would do. Go to the park and have it written in the sand in the sandbox - you're friends can help with the details. If you want to do the restaurant thing - maybe get the waiter/waitress involved (they normally will oblige) to bring the ring over on the hors d'over plate - or around an extra fork (because you just so happened to drop yours). Try to be unique to your girlfriend and make it a part of something that you would normally do - it will be more of a surprise and more natural. Good luck and let us know your final decision and how she said "yes"!!!!

I would like to marry my girlfriend. I am thinking a special way to propose her, rather than just propose inside a nice restuarant with diamond ring and flower. I would like to think of sth within reasonable budge. How to propose to my girlfriend? Thanks!