Sex revolution has destroyed romance

starting in western societies approx 3 decades ago, once the pill was perfected by late 1960's, first wave of libertine females (somewhat inadvertently ) began to create a very high opportunity cost for married male, i.e. they soon learned that love, marriage, or committment was not necessarily a requisite for having sex with single women, which in turn led to the first massive wave of divorce in western cultures.

When Hugh Heffner preached the benefits of recreational sex, men were for the most part already in the choir, it was WOMEN (in an aggregate sense)that made the decision of engage in large numbers in purely recreational sex.

So women today that complain the "romance " and chilvary is dead, must face the fact that the sex revolution itself was effectively women's call, and therefore romance's death is directly attributable to women's choices as a group.

Is this a rhetorical question?

starting in western societies approx 3 decades ago, once the pill was perfected by late 1960's, first wave of libertine females (somewhat inadvertently ) began to create a very high opportunity cost for married male, i.e. they soon learned that love, marriage, or committment was not necessarily a requisite for having sex with single women, which in turn led to the first massive wave of divorce in western cultures. When Hugh Heffner preached the benefits of recreational sex, men were for the most part already in the choir, it was WOMEN (in an aggregate sense)that made the decision of engage in large numbers in purely recreational sex. So women today that complain the "romance " and chilvary is dead, must face the fact that the sex revolution itself was effectively women's call, and therefore romance's death is directly attributable to women's choices as a group.

Your messed up.

Do you post here in hopes of sounding intelligent?

I don't think it's working.

starting in western societies approx 3 decades ago, once the pill was perfected by late 1960's, first wave of libertine females (somewhat inadvertently ) began to create a very high opportunity cost for married male, i.e. they soon learned that love, marriage, or committment was not necessarily a requisite for having sex with single women, which in turn led to the first massive wave of divorce in western cultures. When Hugh Heffner preached the benefits of recreational sex, men were for the most part already in the choir, it was WOMEN (in an aggregate sense)that made the decision of engage in large numbers in purely recreational sex. So women today that complain the "romance " and chilvary is dead, must face the fact that the sex revolution itself was effectively women's call, and therefore romance's death is directly attributable to women's choices as a group.

um, so b/c guys were a**h***s in the late 60's, and b/c girls wanted to indulge in their temptations, that leads to the so called "fact" that women today (as in, not in the 60's anymore!!!) _can't_ (ahem) complain that chivalry stopped being taught to the next generation, and b/c women before us decided they were into "gratuitous sex", means we, 3 or 4 generations later, have to keep it that way?!! i don't think so.

Do you even know what the term means? In social sciences, "opportunity costs" have nothing to do with married men learning that sex with single women did not require love, commitment, and marriage. It is related to the study of employment.