Should I believe Him? Should things return to normal???

My boyfriend and I have been together for a very long time. He has never cheated on me before Saturday night. His story was that he was drinking by himself when some of his old friends (who were girls) came over to his house. He said he was so drunk that he didn't remember anything from the night before and he assumed that he had slept with one of the girls. He told me the next day that he thought something happened. Of course I am heart broken by this fact and am ready to leave him when he starts crying about it. So being the nice person that I am I give him a second chance but tell him if he ever cheated on me again or if I find out that he was drinking with someone other than me that I was leaving him.

Now the story is that he talked to that one specific girl and nothing happened. That is what he is saying. He wants me to let him drink agian and wants me to act like nothing ever happened. But that is alot easier said than done. I'm not sure what I should do!!

If he drinks to the point that he doesn't remember, he has a serious drinking problem. Cheating is just a side effect.

Can you try to talk him into getting some help?

Just curious - a question for guys - if you get THAT drunk, can you even do anything?