damaged goods?

Beautymark

this guy that I have known for 19 years and came into my place of employment asked if I was seeing anyone. I said no, then he asked for my phone number. He called me 2 days later and we were together for 10 weeks. My friends gave me a surprise birthday potluck luncheon. The day after that he would have nothing to do with me. He only told me how he felt about me 4 times. He brought flowers many times, but did control most of my time. He was just at the tail end of a divorce. After the many talks he and I had about hurting people that you love, he said he would never do this to me, and the turns around and does it. He would not return my phone calls and even left for a week witout calling me and telling me. Any advice on how to deal with this?

I know it sounds like a cliche, but that looks suspiciously like a rebound fling. Obviously he is having problems either acknowledging how he feels or dealing with the emotions he feels. Granted, you've already been involved with him, but at this point I say let it go.

A similar situation happened to me but in a briefer time frame, and in the end I just let it go. About a month later my friend/ex-lover finally called me and explained why he did the things he had and we remain cordial but distant friends. So just leave him be and let him come to you with an explanation. If he doesn't, he's not worth the time you take worryng about the situation anyway.

C

this guy that I have known for 19 years and came into my place of employment asked if I was seeing anyone. I said no, then he asked for my phone number. He called me 2 days later and we were together for 10 weeks. My friends gave me a surprise birthday potluck luncheon. The day after that he would have nothing to do with me. He only told me how he felt about me 4 times. He brought flowers many times, but did control most of my time. He was just at the tail end of a divorce. After the many talks he and I had about hurting people that you love, he said he would never do this to me, and the turns around and does it. He would not return my phone calls and even left for a week witout calling me and telling me. Any advice on how to deal with this?