Tony, Last one ,please!!!!

fade out

Since I already got your advice on my relationship, other, I DO need to your opinon on " family " if you don't mind!

My grandmother is in the UK is dying. My family is asking that I return to UK , to see her perhaps for the last time. But I don not get much holiday and can not afford the to go the UK twice.

I mean, I can only go once. Of course, I must go now to see her, but what about if she dies soon? Everyone will expect me to go to the funeral too. And I can not afford to do that. Everyone will think I do not care . I don't know what to do

Go now and see her while she's alive. Talk to her, interact, spend time with all your relatives.

When she passes, send flowers and a card.

It's far better to see someone when they are alive and give them some joy and show THEM that you care than to go to a funeral after they're gone and show OTHERS that you cared for the deceased.

And stop caring what other people think. Go book your flight now...before she dies. She'll never know whether or not you attended the funeral but she will know if you see her now!

Upon her death, let your relatives know you simply cannot afford airfare. They may offer to pay and if they do, take them up on it. If they don't, your grandmother will appreciate your thoughts...I promise.

Avoid your own funeral when the time comes if at all possible.