Seeing abusive ex...what can I say??

incognito

I have to see my abusive ex husband to settle some savings bonds. I've already spoken w/ him a bit about things and he is sooo verbally abusive towards me I am dreading seeing him in person, even if it's only for 5 minutes. I know w/ absolute certainty that he will say nasty things to me and call me every name in the book. I am shaking as I write this even :sick: I obviously do not wish to engage in any verbal attacks w/ him, but at the same time I don't want to sit there and take his ****. What can I possibly say to shut him up once he starts?

My grandma taught me how to say "thats nice" instead of "fxxx you" I dont know what to do to make him stop. Maybe if you just let his comments roll off of you and ignore them he'll quit long enough for you to take care of your business and get out of there. If you can do that your a better person than me..Good luck!!

• Author

well...so far that's all I've done...because standing up for myself only leads to more of his crap. But....it's been 3 yrs and not saying anything hasn't improved anything :rolleyes:

Do you have to meet him personally? Can someone else sort this out for you? Like a lawyer?

Oh honey dont let him scare you he is just a bully with a vile mouth!

I agree with having an attorney deal with it if you aren't physically required to be there to sign anything. If you have to go, have the meeting at your bank or another public place where you can leave if he starts his crap.

Definitely get a family member or a friend to come with you. Don't react to any comments he makes and don't get antagonized into an argument. I know it's hard not to tell him off but he wants a reaction from you. Just be careful!

• Author

I told him I would meet him at the bank. He wanted to come to my house, so I could sign it there, and then trust him to come back w/ my money. Don't think so. NOt looking forward to this.

See honey - It's done, finished and over - And honey now you should smile at the fact that you do not have to go home with this vile mouthed beast and you do not have to listen to his crap!

YOU are the lucky one!

whats wrong with me

Thank God!! Hope do you dont have to deal with him anymore. Gotta ask though Did he make himself look like a real Xss at the bank? I hope so

• Author
Thank God!! Hope do you dont have to deal with him anymore. Gotta ask though Did he make himself look like a real Xss at the bank? I hope so

well...I think so...any guy yelling at a girl in a public place looks like an a$$ to me!

whats wrong with me

Hopefully there were alot a people in the bank he has to deal with on a regular basis!! Maybe he'll get some real nice treatment.

Sorry I cant help it I hate men today.