i am infatuated with my best friends ex girlfriend

essentially i met this girl (my best friends ex) friday, and she stayed at my college with my best friend until sunday. friday night we were both very wasted and she and i made out a bit...but it was a drunk thing that i didnt even fully remember in the morning. my friend didnt care much except that he had made out with her earlier in the night...but yea generally not too upset with me. the next day the three of us, and a couple other guys, hung out. for a while i talked alone with the girl. ive never met a girl i'm more attracted to...yes, to say this i have to be an impulsive person but i can guarantee ive never had this feelin about a girl before - and ive had a couple small (2 months and under) relationships. we saw the world eye to eye, we shared this connection and this sameness of thought that i have never seen in a girl. we flirted a lot with our expressions, smiling, eye contact, all that stuff. she laughed at stuff i said probably two to three times a minute, even when we were all hanging out together. basically i cant stop thinking about her. shes still in high school (im in my first yr at college) and lives an hour and a half away. i snuck her sn and # from my friend while he was out of his room. but i dont know whether i should call her or anything and try to pursue something when all the logistics are against it. i know its not practical plus it could ruin my friendship with my best friend...but my heart is tellin me to do it.

There's plenty of fine young women all around you, yet you obsess over a slut who's far away?

Brilliant.

Bash yourself in the head a few times and hopefully you'll see the obvious solution.