awkwardness

what to do ...

what to do ...

one last question from me!

going out with a new guy, with whom i was friends before ... it's an awkward transition ... i want to sort of already cross the line & be done, but i also don't want to be the one to do it ...

any suggestion on how i can more or less subtly let him cross the line already?

we're just in this fuzzy stage where he'll hug me, but with a hug that could be both friends or more ...

Thanks a lot

well, depending on what you mean by "going out" . . . have you already made "the transition" here?? not exactly sure what happens with this metamorphosis, but why just don't ya just tell the guy what you're thinking?? that's the quickest way to find out if he's thinking along the same lines you are!

GOOD LUCK!!!

one last question from me! going out with a new guy, with whom i was friends before ... it's an awkward transition ... i want to sort of already cross the line & be done, but i also don't want to be the one to do it ... any suggestion on how i can more or less subtly let him cross the line already? we're just in this fuzzy stage where he'll hug me, but with a hug that could be both friends or more ... Thanks a lot
what to do ...

he already asked me out.

i already said yes, but i also said i'll need some cool-down after my break up with previous bf.

right now, he acts just like before - as a friend.

do u get what i mean now? :)

taking it slow is nice of him, but it's just weird!

well, depending on what you mean by "going out" . . . have you already made "the transition" here?? not exactly sure what happens with this metamorphosis, but why just don't ya just tell the guy what you're thinking?? that's the quickest way to find out if he's thinking along the same lines you are! GOOD LUCK!!!

A while back (weeks or months ago), someone posted on this forum with a similar concern. The advice she was given (I think by Tony) was to take control of the situation herself but do it in stages. If you just become a little more affectionate each time you see him, he'll get the picture soon enough... and doing it in baby steps will make it easier for you. The next time you see him, touch his hand. The time after that, grab his arm or put your arm around his waist or something. Just keep moving ahead in stages until you get a response, which I doubt will take very long.

He might not make any romantic moves unless you break the ice first, because he knows you're coming off a relationship and you've told him you need time. He's being ultra-cautious and probably doesn't want you to think he's trying to take advantage of you. This is a good thing, because you know things don't have to move forward until you're ready. So when you're ready, either dive right in (if you're not shy) or take baby steps (if you are).

he already asked me out. i already said yes, but i also said i'll need some cool-down after my break up with previous bf. right now, he acts just like before - as a friend. do u get what i mean now? :) taking it slow is nice of him, but it's just weird!
what to do ...
A while back (weeks or months ago), someone posted on this forum with a similar concern. The advice she was given (I think by Tony) was to take control of the situation herself but do it in stages. If you just become a little more affectionate each time you see him, he'll get the picture soon enough... and doing it in baby steps will make it easier for you. The next time you see him, touch his hand. The time after that, grab his arm or put your arm around his waist or something. Just keep moving ahead in stages until you get a response, which I doubt will take very long.

He might not make any romantic moves unless you break the ice first, because he knows you're coming off a relationship and you've told him you need time. He's being ultra-cautious and probably doesn't want you to think he's trying to take advantage of you. This is a good thing, because you know things don't have to move forward until you're ready. So when you're ready, either dive right in (if you're not shy) or take baby steps (if you are).