If your boyfriend and one of your best girlfriends flirted with each other at a party in front of you, would that bother you? It was nothing physical...just words...about his being her part-time boyfriend, her wanting to share him with me, etc. Thanks for your input.

It would bother me too. My guy shouldn't be flirting with other girls. Flirting is how a person gets to know another person...let's them know they like them...feels out if the other person is open to something...that's what I think. I'm a big flirt, but don't flirt while dating. It's not fair to him (my bf).

there is an art to flirting, and if your boyfriend flirted in a way that said, I trust that you trust me to flirt in front of you, and you truly trust your best friend, he is trying to say "I like her too". If you talk with him openly about the discomfort, without sounding controlling or jealous, he won't do it again. If he loves you. Even if he has an attraction, he is with you. Not your friend. Attractions are normal, but they are shallow. He will respond in your favor if he loves you. I'm hoping your friend is truly your friend? If so, don't worry about it. If not, then write her off.