Think I got my answer

Friend

Well, guess you are tired of hearing from me, but, I think I made a fool of myself tonight and got the answer to my just friends question. We were at a place with a group of people, I ask if he wanted to come by the house and watch a movie. He says no..He's going home and going to bed. I tried to be really cool and said, well, I'm headed home. He said be real careful, I'll watch for you and make sure you get there ok. I'm thinking..He's going home at 9:30 to go to bed rather than be with me...he's not the least bit interested...Agree??

YOU ASK: "He's going home at 9:30 to go to bed rather than be with me...he's not the least bit interested...Agree??"

Well, it looks that way. But I wouldn't give up. There are lots of reasons he may have had to get home early. Be cool about this and work on going on another outing with him and the group soon. Make one more attempt. Maybe even call him and ask in advance.

Honestly, many guys are shy. Others just don't get hints readily. Some guys are just dense. Yes, it's possible he's not interested but there's more a possibility he just didn't quite catch on...or he had to go to bed so he could get up very early to go on a fishing trip or something. Maybe he desperately needed to go to the bathroom. That's happened to me before.

One more try, OK???

It was just so hard to work up the nerve to ask him this time!! It'll probably be another 6 months before I can work up the nerve again! I know he played golf all day yesterday (thats where we hang out) and I know he's gonna be there bright and early this morning. But he's a 55 year old man..I don't think shy is his style..dense maybe..but not shy. Thanks for the help here!

YOU ASK: "He's going home at 9:30 to go to bed rather than be with me...he's not the least bit interested...Agree??" Well, it looks that way. But I wouldn't give up. There are lots of reasons he may have had to get home early. Be cool about this and work on going on another outing with him and the group soon. Make one more attempt. Maybe even call him and ask in advance. Honestly, many guys are shy. Others just don't get hints readily. Some guys are just dense. Yes, it's possible he's not interested but there's more a possibility he just didn't quite catch on...or he had to go to bed so he could get up very early to go on a fishing trip or something. Maybe he desperately needed to go to the bathroom. That's happened to me before. One more try, OK???
It seems like you have been discussing this issue on Loveshack several times. I apologize for the late commentary, hopefully I can help at least a little. I agree with Tony on this one - guys can take a little time with processing information and can be shy sometimes - or they can be proud. I speak from experience, my bf can get very proud at times and has difficulty totally expressing his desires to see me, be with me, hold me, or more! He is a very sweet, caring man that expends so much to the people and things he cares about. It can be exasperating at times, and very rewarding. I know he wants to give me the best and truly be there for me - making him understand that his TIME is truly the best thing that he can give me, that is the tricky part. He is proud and wants to "impress" me. I'm glad that he doesn't want to treat me like one of his buddies, yet I don't need "fancy" things or nights out. Beyond the fancy things and after the nights out - the thing that remains is us!!! So, stick with it kiddo. Being a little patient and giving it some more time certainly won't hurt anything. Good luck and keep us posted! Well, guess you are tired of hearing from me, but, I think I made a fool of myself tonight and got the answer to my just friends question. We were at a place with a group of people, I ask if he wanted to come by the house and watch a movie. He says no..He's going home and going to bed. I tried to be really cool and said, well, I'm headed home. He said be real careful, I'll watch for you and make sure you get there ok. I'm thinking..He's going home at 9:30 to go to bed rather than be with me...he's not the least bit interested...Agree??

Thanks for the response...Seems to me that men can be SO very complicated! I used to think I could read them rather well, but, seems the older I get, the more complicated they become! Of course, I was married from 17 to 31...so, been out of the dating thing awhile. Trying to get the hang of things again! I'm terribly afraid of making a fool of myself..so, I wind up keeping my mouth shut when I probably should say something. I'll give it some more time..