How to suggest FWB?

What's the best way of bringing up the idea of FWB with a girl I know? I recently split up with my ex-girlfriend, and although I like this girl and wouldn't mind going out with her from time to time and having sex, I'm not really keen on the idea of having another 'girlfriend' for a long time. How do you convey this idea without sounding like a sleazebag?

First you need to know that she actually wants to have sex with you. If she's giving you that "I'm hot and ready" vibe then just explain in casual conversation that you do not want a girlfriend and see how she responds. If she doesn't have a thick sexual aura around her then don't bother, she won't be into it.

Can you see my aura from here?

• Author

To be honest today I had a bit of a rethink because I thought of something, based on what someone else said to me, that didn't cross my mind before. It's a possibility that she could be a virgin, in which case, I wouldn't imagine that she'd be comfortable enough to go through with something like that and wouldn't feel any benefit.

I don't like to think I'm some nasty, shallow guy because I'm not. I treat people very well and was never anything but a good boyfriend to my ex, but over a month on, I find myself craving one-on-one female company and the physical side obviously too. I guess I'd like a little bit more than simply friends with benefits. I suppose a 'casual relationship' more would suit me.

I'm sure it's possible to do that kind of thing and still come out the other side without too much grief, but I think I'll need to search a bit harder for a person that can understand and relate to that, and get something out of it too.

To be honest today I had a bit of a rethink because I thought of something, based on what someone else said to me, that didn't cross my mind before. It's a possibility that she could be a virgin, in which case, I wouldn't imagine that she'd be comfortable enough to go through with something like that and wouldn't feel any benefit.

I don't like to think I'm some nasty, shallow guy because I'm not. I treat people very well and was never anything but a good boyfriend to my ex, but over a month on, I find myself craving one-on-one female company and the physical side obviously too. I guess I'd like a little bit more than simply friends with benefits. I suppose a 'casual relationship' more would suit me.

I'm sure it's possible to do that kind of thing and still come out the other side without too much grief, but I think I'll need to search a bit harder for a person that can understand and relate to that, and get something out of it too.

Friends with benifits almost all ways end up with someone getting real feelings and when that happens you just drop it like its hot. and as far as nasty shallow guy that would only be if you led her on to believe it was a relationship in order to get sex if your honest with her then you are giveing her option which is what everyone wants and that is in no way nasty or shallow