Re: Forgiveness

Lil' Iinx

Thanks to those who anserwed my post. I have since let go of the guilt and moved on. I did feel sorry for her, and that is not a reason to apologize.

I have often struggled with feelings of guilt and worry. It hasn't stopped me from standing up for myself, but I feel terrible after. It is a waste of energy and time to feel this way.

If I make a mistake at work, I immediately worry that I might loose my job or get passed up for promotion. I feel like I have dissapointed myself.

I guess sometimes I have difficulty recognizing the difference between false guilt and guilt caused from truly hurting another person.

I wasn't like this 4 years ago. I'm trying to figure out how this happened. I'm also trying to change. I need to feel free.

You'll never be "free" from a conscience, but thank God you have one! That, and integrity, are two important virtures most people lack. Perhaps if more of us were blessed with these attributes, there would be no need for forums like this...

Thanks to those who anserwed my post. I have since let go of the guilt and moved on. I did feel sorry for her, and that is not a reason to apologize. I have often struggled with feelings of guilt and worry. It hasn't stopped me from standing up for myself, but I feel terrible after. It is a waste of energy and time to feel this way. If I make a mistake at work, I immediately worry that I might loose my job or get passed up for promotion. I feel like I have dissapointed myself. I guess sometimes I have difficulty recognizing the difference between false guilt and guilt caused from truly hurting another person. I wasn't like this 4 years ago. I'm trying to figure out how this happened. I'm also trying to change. I need to feel free.

...Where's the damn spellcheck!?!?!

You'll never be "free" from a conscience, but thank God you have one! That, and integrity, are two important virtures most people lack. Perhaps if more of us were blessed with these attributes, there would be no need for forums like this...