letter to notify the resignation

i have resigned and will leave the company in 2 weeks time, i have nothing to do and i want to maximize my career opportunity to som of my clients/partners whom i have come across, is it good to send email to them mentioning i am leaving the company soon (before i dsappear from the office) how to write it in such a way that people will appreciate it and really consider me in case there is opportunity and will not refer back to my existing my company?

Simply send them a short letter notifying them that you will no longer be with the company effective whatever date. Let them know to contact you immediately if there are any current business matters they wish to discuss with you. Give them your home phone and address in case they have any personal matters that may need discussion later.

Most of these people will just assume you have another job and you shouldn't tell them you will be unemployed. That will look like you are soliciting job offers. Therefore, you can only let them know you are job hunting if they contact you at work or later at your home.

Once you have left your firm in two weeks, you can feel free to call clients with whom you had a good relationship and let them know you are looking for work. Of course, they will want to know why you left your company so be ready to answer that.