What should I do?

Lok Yip

I employed a beautiful secretary around a year ago and she gave me too many of headache. She is beautiful with a face. She earns HK$1.5K a month but has a very wealthy boy friend. Therefore her watches and cars cost more than those I have. She is not smart at work but very smart at PR. I want to train her, but she is not learning too much.

The problem is I was totally attracted by her (appearance and character) and think of her most of the time. She lost too many in stock market recently. I already lent her with amount HK$50K. She needs another with amount HK$50K. What should I do?

Terminate her employment with you and tell her to get the money she needs from her boyfriend.

It sounds to me like you hired this lady because of her looks and not her overall ability. Therefore you have to take total responsibility for what has happened here.

There are many smart women who are also great at PR. In the United States, you can get into lots of trouble for hiring females you may have an interest in beyond a professional relationship.

Get rid of this one now and cut your losses.