NOTICE - ASKING FOR TONY

Tony T

The other day, somebody brought up this matter of people asking for Tony in the heading of their posts. I don't solicit these and I don't like them.

Therefore, effective immediately, posts where people specifically request me will receive only a one line answer if any reply at all.

I am one of dozens of people who stop by this board daily to give advice and opinions. I share the same freedom they do in what I want to reply to and what I want to ignore. None of us get paid and few of us have ever had any exchange with the persons or organization that host this forum.

If a post is too long or has no paragraphs, I will ignore it for sure. If I want to read something long, I'll read the encyclopedia. Long posts without paragraphs give me a headache. Long posts with nice paragraphs put me to sleep.

It is not fair to me and it is insulting to all the other highly competent and dedicated people who come here to help to be specificially asking for me to read a post. It is embarassing to me and unpolite to others and I won't respect it anymore.

The greatest majority of the problems that are posted here are not rocket science to answer. They simply require dispassionate, neutral third parties to evaluate the facts and advise on what a person would do ordinarilly under a more clear state of mind. I have no special skills or knowledge. Others who come here do and have as many if not more life experiences than I do.

I hope you understand but if you ask for Tony in the future, the most you'll get is a one line answer. I'm not being mean in doing this, I'm simply making a personal policy of my own for the reasons stated above.

And while I'm at it, let me explain that I have an odd sense of humor. While life and love is serious, it's pretty hard to get through it without looking at the lighter side. I don't mean to be offensive in my humor. But a little levity and comic relief here and there is good for the soul, at least for mine, and I deserve some therapy if I'm going to spend time here.

I apologize, I know that I did the exact thing yesterday. This was the first time I was on this board. I should think it would be kind of flattering. I guess after a while it would get annoying.

The fact that you give down to earth answers is why people use your name. They respect your advice. I took it. He is packing his stuff as I type.

Can I just say one word.... RELIEF!

I think you'd do well with your OWN forum! Ever consider it?

The other day, somebody brought up this matter of people asking for Tony in the heading of their posts. I don't solicit these and I don't like them. Therefore, effective immediately, posts where people specifically request me will receive only a one line answer if any reply at all. I am one of dozens of people who stop by this board daily to give advice and opinions. I share the same freedom they do in what I want to reply to and what I want to ignore. None of us get paid and few of us have ever had any exchange with the persons or organization that host this forum. If a post is too long or has no paragraphs, I will ignore it for sure. If I want to read something long, I'll read the encyclopedia. Long posts without paragraphs give me a headache. Long posts with nice paragraphs put me to sleep. It is not fair to me and it is insulting to all the other highly competent and dedicated people who come here to help to be specificially asking for me to read a post. It is embarassing to me and unpolite to others and I won't respect it anymore. The greatest majority of the problems that are posted here are not rocket science to answer. They simply require dispassionate, neutral third parties to evaluate the facts and advise on what a person would do ordinarilly under a more clear state of mind. I have no special skills or knowledge. Others who come here do and have as many if not more life experiences than I do. I hope you understand but if you ask for Tony in the future, the most you'll get is a one line answer. I'm not being mean in doing this, I'm simply making a personal policy of my own for the reasons stated above. And while I'm at it, let me explain that I have an odd sense of humor. While life and love is serious, it's pretty hard to get through it without looking at the lighter side. I don't mean to be offensive in my humor. But a little levity and comic relief here and there is good for the soul, at least for mine, and I deserve some therapy if I'm going to spend time here.
  • Author

YOU ASK: "I think you'd do well with your OWN forum! Ever consider it?"

Nobody has his OWN forum. A forum consists of a number of people contributing more or less equally.

As far as an advice column of my own, would never want to obligate myself to something like that because of other committments.

You give some excellent advice and I know everybody appreciates you being here. Many thanks!!!

• Author

YOU WRITE: "I guess after a while it would get annoying."

I did not even mean to imply that it was annoying. However, it is very embarrassing. There are some people who have actually stated that they kind of resent it, although I have no control over what people put in their headings.

I also strongly feel discouraging others from posting does the person seeking advice a grave disservice in that many other visitors here may have significant experiences on the subject at hand.