losing interests in each other...?

It's funny when you get to know someone in the beginning, the both of you want to talk/see each other all the time. that was how it was mostly for this girl (me too somewhat).

Not sure what happened, we agreed to be fwb. We're supposed to be very close and talk about anything. But for me, the new semester started and i am less available, but we still talked regularly and hung out once a week. Even then the IL is pretty good.

But lately this past week, seems we're just growing more distant. if she doesnt text me, she'll at least be online to talk. But she's probably been picking up the signs that my IL in her has been dipping, and as a reaction hers is dipping for me as well. So lately this week i've been the one calling, but i've only called 2x this week.

I cant help it but i just got off the phone with her. And i cant help but realize the fact that the questions i ask about her day or whatevers going on, seems to be faked. or my interest shown in her is faked....the purpose of my call was to set a date to hangout. Not only my part, but her part as well.

im not even sure how to salvage this friendship from crumbling. But my attempts seem to be futile. And so far the crumbling seems to be on its way.

i think i know it was my fault this happened...but im only human.

looks like we're gonna take a break. not sure if this is ever gonna recover. from now on i'll let her contact me. She said yesterday she went drinking with her cousins, she got really drunk....i wonder if it has to do with me...?

any input would be appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...

Aaah friends with benefits..the good ol fashioned way to ruin a decent friendship/relationship..well heck any kind of "ship" with anyone the nasty way. I don't really understand you- you don't have much interest in her but you're wondering if she went out and got drunk over you? So what is she? A disposable ego boost? One way or the other she'll make you feel good and then be meaningless again until you need her for the next one? Then again you could be suffering from moses syndrome.."in de nile" You could care for her actually but you have some emotional issues..You tell me which one it is and I guarantee I'll take another stab at it :bunny: