My wife filmed nude in movie

Tod Fly

My wife has always wanted to be an actress. She’s studied acting in college but found it difficult to get a job in that field. Recently she came home all excited about a role she got in a film that would lead to more opportunities. She was very happy acting and at first I was supportive until one night when she came home and told me about a scene she did completely nude. I can’t begin to tell you how I felt as she told me what she was required to do. I was shocked and disturbed. She said the scene required her to let the lead actor fondle her breasts while she stood in front of him with nothing on. She also said it seemed all the men who worked at the studio came out to see her do this scene. She said she didn’t like having to do this, but its just one of those things that she had to do to break into acting. She told me if it bothered me that much, she would quit, but that would mean she would loose her job and ruin her chances at other roles. I don’t know what to tell her. I am really bothered at the thought of all the men working in the studio seeing my wife in the nude while some guy has his hands all over her, not to mention filming it for all to see. On the other hand I don’t want to ruin her dream of acting. She may resent me later if she were to quit on my behalf. I'm looking for advice <e-mail address removed>

Sorry to say it, but I would wonder how far your wife's career as an actress will go if her first role calls for such a "act I". I think you have a right to be upset (I a woman by the way) and that there's something a little strange about this. I think I would look into the people she has been hired by to see if they are on the up and up......and just what this "film" is all about. It sounds a little too freaky to me....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the entertainment business myself, and this film sounds fishy to me. Legitemate productions go to great lengths to make their actors feel comfortable, particularly during nude scenes. It's usually a closed set where the only people allowed are the ones who are absolutly necessary to be there. They would NOT allow any and all crew members in just to take a peek at what's going on. Ask your wife a little bit more about this film she's in, but don't ask her to quit. She will resent you for destroying her dream

Sorry to say it, but I would wonder how far your wife's career as an actress will go if her first role calls for such a "act I". I think you have a right to be upset (I a woman by the way) and that there's something a little strange about this. I think I would look into the people she has been hired by to see if they are on the up and up......and just what this "film" is all about. It sounds a little too freaky to me....