Flowers for Girlfriends

My boyfriend is getting into this habit of buying flowers for my girlfriends as well as for me. He used to buy them for my mother as well which never bothered me. I love my girlfriends, but...I guess it's one of those things...their boyfriends never bought me flowers. They are now single though. Would this bother you? Or would you just be happy that your boyfriend buys flowers for everyone? I guess it's like I just don't feel as special. Before, he used to get me two bouquets and would get them one each. Now, he'll usually buy 3 bouquets and I get first crack at which one I want, but...I just don't feel very special. I feel like I'm just one of the girls that gets flowers. I'm at the same level as them when I'm the girlfriend. Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? Last night he said I always get flowers and they never get flowers, yes, well, why does he make it his responsibility? In time, when they get a boyfriend, they should get plenty of flowers. Am I being selfish or justified? I really want to be happy but I have this jealousy thing going on, obviously. Suggestions?

My boyfriend is getting into this habit of buying flowers for my girlfriends as well as for me. He used to buy them for my mother as well which never bothered me. I love my girlfriends, but...I guess it's one of those things...their boyfriends never bought me flowers. They are now single though. Would this bother you? Or would you just be happy that your boyfriend buys flowers for everyone? I guess it's like I just don't feel as special. Before, he used to get me two bouquets and would get them one each. Now, he'll usually buy 3 bouquets and I get first crack at which one I want, but...I just don't feel very special. I feel like I'm just one of the girls that gets flowers. I'm at the same level as them when I'm the girlfriend. Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? Last night he said I always get flowers and they never get flowers, yes, well, why does he make it his responsibility? In time, when they get a boyfriend, they should get plenty of flowers. Am I being selfish or justified? I really want to be happy but I have this jealousy thing going on, obviously. Suggestions?

You do have some valid reasons to be jealous or justified, now are they girl friends or girlfriends?

If the flowers are for a hostess of a party then that is different for some cultures and ettiquite. But I don't think we're talking about that?

I have a friend who does that for a mutual good friend. He would send Get Well flowers but not red roses or romantically associated flowers.

You may want to talk to him about the issue but don't treat it as insecurity. He seems like a nice guy which in the end may hurt him and you for being to nice.

. . . You may want to talk to him about the issue but don't treat it as insecurity. He seems like a nice guy which in the end may hurt him and you for being to nice.

Agree here. What a guy! But do tell him what you just said about feeling just like one of the girls he buys flowers for and ask him if this is what you are to him? Tell him you know it may be silly, but you want to feel special to him and don't so much when everyone else is getting flowers, too.

You have a right to your feelings in relationships, and if they're not ok, then maybe the relationship's not ok. So check it out. Tell him your feelings--perfectly understandable.

I Luv the Chariot OH

I agree, what a guy. That's the sweetest thing ever. I wish my boyfriend would buy my best friend flowers! (Although, if he did it continuously, like every single time he bought me flowers, then I'd see where you're coming from.)

I think you should tell him you feel like an equal friend rather than a girlfriend, then make sure in future he buys you a HUGE bunch of flowers! ;)