Is it too late ?

confused_123

i'm new to this school and i've been quiet and shy...when people talks to me i can't talk back and have a conversation...all i do is say something short...

how can i overcome my shyness ? i want to strike up conversations like in the classroom...

can someone give me some lines on striking up a conversation

thx

The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.

"A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy."-this will get a laugh

Or tell this to a Girl-I think it is time I tell you what people are saying behind your back...! Nice Ass.

its not a matter of knowing the right thing to say cause well...if you cant even speak any words then whats the point of giving you an opening line when after that you can't even carry it on?

i mean in your situation you should try to be as outgoing and friendly as possible...i know this may be hard, but b/c no one knows you now is the best time to establish yourself as who you are. If you want friends, then try to make them, dont just sit in the corner and wait for kids to talk to you. Yes you make experience some akwardness and embarrassment but thats all a part of life and taking risks. Be yourself really...if you are shy, well then thats who you are. If you want to break that shyness then you have to step up to the plate and start talking more. Practice in front of a mirror, try to incorporate your interests so that it may interest more people and hopefully the right ones.

thats about all i can offer for advice... but for opening lines-

in a class, sit next to anyone (most likely someone who you can see talking to comfortably) and ask:

"hey, whats up/how ya doin' my name is " " whats yours?"

then you can say:

"so whats this class like? does the teacher suck or is he/she cool?"

pending on the answer, here is the best time to tell like a funny story about a previous teaching experience/class you had in your old skool. Then you can ask:

"So what are the kids like in this school? i'm new so i'm trying to fit in and all..."

basically try to get a flow and rhythm going, and from there on you should be able to talk more freely and if not make friends with the kid, at least be acquaintances.

• Author
its not a matter of knowing the right thing to say cause well...if you cant even speak any words then whats the point of giving you an opening line when after that you can't even carry it on?

i mean in your situation you should try to be as outgoing and friendly as possible...i know this may be hard, but b/c no one knows you now is the best time to establish yourself as who you are. If you want friends, then try to make them, dont just sit in the corner and wait for kids to talk to you. Yes you make experience some akwardness and embarrassment but thats all a part of life and taking risks. Be yourself really...if you are shy, well then thats who you are. If you want to break that shyness then you have to step up to the plate and start talking more. Practice in front of a mirror, try to incorporate your interests so that it may interest more people and hopefully the right ones.

thats about all i can offer for advice... but for opening lines-

in a class, sit next to anyone (most likely someone who you can see talking to comfortably) and ask:

"hey, whats up/how ya doin' my name is " " whats yours?"

then you can say:

"so whats this class like? does the teacher suck or is he/she cool?"

pending on the answer, here is the best time to tell like a funny story about a previous teaching experience/class you had in your old skool. Then you can ask:

"So what are the kids like in this school? i'm new so i'm trying to fit in and all..."

basically try to get a flow and rhythm going, and from there on you should be able to talk more freely and if not make friends with the kid, at least be acquaintances.

I hope it is that easy. They usually talk in group.

talk in a group huh?

well im sure there are kids just sitting without talking to other kids you know in a classroom

or if you really are daring u can try to talk to the group omg

either or i mean there is really no other way to remedy your situation unless you do something about it.