I need help specially from girls!

moody

During the past 4 months i've noticed that 5 days before my period, i get totally moody,bloated etc. i went to the doctor and he prescribed prozac for my pms symptoms. In the past i was on zoloft for about a month due to depression but the side effects were horrible,so i stop.

Prozac is giving me bad side effects such as sleeping all the time. this interferes with my school and work. some non prescription pms medicine helps me with cramps and bloating but where i have the problem is with my moods.

I don't know how to handle it, i feel bad and guilty because during those days i get majorly moody and get so touchy that i end up arguing with my boyfriend about stuff that it wouldn't bother me if i wasn't in pms.

My doctor said to give prozac a try for 3 months but i can't deal with the side effects. Also, i would like to find a way to stop me from acting moody with my guy during this time. Please help!

you say your doctor proscribed antidepressants for PMS problems? Is this a regular doctor or a gynecologist? That's the first time I've heard of this kind of medical treatment for "female problems," and it sounds a bit hinky to me.

Contact your gynecologist and share your concerns -- NOW. Just be sure to tell the gynecologist that you have been/are on antidepressants so he or she can proscribe something that safely works with the meds you're on. With all the different drugs out there, the doctor will find a workable prescription.

good luck!

I think the fact that you are aware of your "moodiness" during your cycle is the first hurdle towards solving the problem. Perhaps on these days you should just be more conscious of your behavior and use a little more effort to keep yourself "in check." And I'm sure your boyfriend is aware of the problem as well! :) Knowing this, he might be a little more forgiving.

As far as the side effects of your medication, I would suggest you talk to your doctor. Only a professional can help you with that.

And "bloating"?...My God, we can all sympothize! (Women that is) I've found no solution other than avoiding the tight skirts and jeans in the closet and reaching for the frumpy "Moo Moo" shirts. Thank God the baggy look is still in!

During the past 4 months i've noticed that 5 days before my period, i get totally moody,bloated etc. i went to the doctor and he prescribed prozac for my pms symptoms. In the past i was on zoloft for about a month due to depression but the side effects were horrible,so i stop. Prozac is giving me bad side effects such as sleeping all the time. this interferes with my school and work. some non prescription pms medicine helps me with cramps and bloating but where i have the problem is with my moods. I don't know how to handle it, i feel bad and guilty because during those days i get majorly moody and get so touchy that i end up arguing with my boyfriend about stuff that it wouldn't bother me if i wasn't in pms. My doctor said to give prozac a try for 3 months but i can't deal with the side effects. Also, i would like to find a way to stop me from acting moody with my guy during this time. Please help!