College man problems...

Sad Sister

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years. The last 6 months our relationship has been rocky. He was preparing to leave for college for the first time, and I had not gone to colelge for him, so I was resentful and very mea to him. He was at college for 2 weeks and returned saying he did not love me anymore. I love him more than ever, even though I have not expressed it. He said once at college he looked at our relationship and realized for a while he didn't love me, he just rationalized. I convinced him to give me a chance to show him I can change, and jsut to take it slow. Now his is rude, uncaring, and treats me only as a friend, and not a very good one at that. The first 2 weeks he was partying and meeting new people, though he says he doesn't want to see other people. I am so confused and hurt. The day he left we were talking about marriage. I have not gone off to college except for a community college, so i did not know if this is normal for teh confusion, and once the newness of college wears off he will realize our relationship was not always bad. PLEASE HELP

what about yourself are you planning on changing for him . . . and WHY?!!

not going to college for him was your decision (if i understood that part correctly), but can you go now??

sounds to me that you've done all you can here, you shouldn't have to SACRIFICE anything for this dude . . . not based on the way he's treating you. i think this is his way of letting you know the relationship has ended -- sorry.

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years. The last 6 months our relationship has been rocky. He was preparing to leave for college for the first time, and I had not gone to colelge for him, so I was resentful and very mea to him. He was at college for 2 weeks and returned saying he did not love me anymore. I love him more than ever, even though I have not expressed it. He said once at college he looked at our relationship and realized for a while he didn't love me, he just rationalized. I convinced him to give me a chance to show him I can change, and jsut to take it slow. Now his is rude, uncaring, and treats me only as a friend, and not a very good one at that. The first 2 weeks he was partying and meeting new people, though he says he doesn't want to see other people. I am so confused and hurt. The day he left we were talking about marriage. I have not gone off to college except for a community college, so i did not know if this is normal for teh confusion, and once the newness of college wears off he will realize our relationship was not always bad. PLEASE HELP

This College Man-he does not whole-heartedly appreciate the relationship with you if he's uncaring.