man/relationship/been there done that

curiousnamow

I checked out the site you suggested, interesting. Met with my friend last night and had good conversation. lots gets lost in a brief description of situation on the boards. You were incorrect about the p/t relationship, and father/figure. I didn't want someone to step in and play daddy...wanted someone for my son as a role model,buddy, not father. Also, I have kept my son out of the relationship so far until I know how it will be for me. As far as the p/t well, I don't want someone to hang all over me 24/7..I had that before. Looking to get out and have some fun of my own, but feeling like with this guy, there might be more and frustrated with the usual commitment/relationship fear on a man's part, and all the complications of daily life that we both deal with. Have decided to let it go, and just see what happens, but will take a more active role in "planning events" rather than leaving going out up to him. Thanks for responding

Sounds like you have everything pretty well thought out. I am always impressed with such independent thought and creative approaches to problems. With that ability and your optimistic attitude, this situation should turn out very well for you.