my boyfriends in cocaine

many of you just like I did will read this and other stories and see that they all have the same pattern... lies, lies, and more lies. I've been dating a guy for about a year he is 10 years older than me and has 2 sons. The age difference or the fact that he has 2 kids have never been a problem. I met him at work.

I didnt know about his addiction at first when I found out, just like many of you have, I made up my mind a decided that I was going to help him out of this... I didnt know how bad the problem was. He would always tell me that he did it sicially and he had it totally in control.

About a month ago or maybe two, it got out of control. He goes missing for entire weeks, the he calls me to tell me that he has no more $$$ and that he wants to go home. He'll ask him to pay for his gas and but his some food. He tells me that the drugs are getting to him and that he wants to stop.

When he gets enough rest, he goes at it again. I dont know what to do anymore. Yesterday he almost took his life because he says that the drugs control him and that the only way it will stop is if he dies. I want to help him so bad. Not only for him but also for his kids that LOVE HIM with ALL their HEART. How can I convince him into Rehab??

• 3 weeks later...
many of you just like I did will read this and other stories and see that they all have the same pattern... lies, lies, and more lies. I've been dating a guy for about a year he is 10 years older than me and has 2 sons. The age difference or the fact that he has 2 kids have never been a problem. I met him at work.

I didnt know about his addiction at first when I found out, just like many of you have, I made up my mind a decided that I was going to help him out of this... I didnt know how bad the problem was. He would always tell me that he did it sicially and he had it totally in control.

About a month ago or maybe two, it got out of control. He goes missing for entire weeks, the he calls me to tell me that he has no more $$$ and that he wants to go home. He'll ask him to pay for his gas and but his some food. He tells me that the drugs are getting to him and that he wants to stop.

When he gets enough rest, he goes at it again. I dont know what to do anymore. Yesterday he almost took his life because he says that the drugs control him and that the only way it will stop is if he dies. I want to help him so bad. Not only for him but also for his kids that LOVE HIM with ALL their HEART. How can I convince him into Rehab??

WOW...

First, with coke, the mental addiction is worse than the physical... In other words, the yearn to release dopamine is immediately thought of as a "hit"...needing one. So what happens is he yearns about the time he wakes up from much needed rest, then eats, then it is off to the races again... It is like a PIT STOP isn't it..

Now his wanting to quit and almost killing himself is a sign he is reaching out to you for help. He cannot do it himself. The ONLY time he will want to go is right after he runs out of stuff.

I cannot recommend what to do since he is thinking actively of killing himself so it puts his situation in a dire category of needing help. Call suicide hotline and ask them, call rehab and ask someone professional.

I wouldn't leave it to chance that I'd make a mistake in trying to help.

That my dear is what those services are for, to help...

My heart bleeds for ya, PLEASE don't stop posting.

bob