Hurt...boyfriend lied!

nikki

A few months ago i had a problem with a friend because she backstabbed me by pretending to be a friend. she wanted to get my boyfriend but we caught her intentions on time. Well, she's gone but the other day i was using my guy's computer,when i saw a document of hers about throwing a party to one of her friends.

I asked my guy if she ever used his computer and he said no unless she broke into his room.she is an RA so she had access to all the rooms.

Yesterday we were talking about how we have to be careful on locking our doors to prevent another incident. so he commented if i wanted to see if she had a document on his computer and to my surprise,the document was gone. He swore he didn't do it but there was no way that it could have been deleted by itself since all of his other stuff are there.

I'm hurt that he lied about not having anything to do with that document.if she used his computer or not i don't care but he made it disappear and now he denies its existence when i saw it.

please help me what should i do about this.

I'm not sure there's much you CAN do. True, he might be lying about whether or not she was ever on his computer or not. But to me, this seems like one of those insignificant things that doesn't really matter anyways. Sure, you could argue with him about whether or not she ever used his computer. Then you guys might find other little things to pick at, leading to a bigger problem of fighting all the time.

Or maybe you'll argue with him about it, and he'll suddenly confess that she had used his computer in the past. And if he confesses, what then? So you found out that she had been on it. Then you might get angry with him that he let her use it.

My point is that all it's going to lead to is more arguing and nit-picking. Some things you'll just have to let slide in a relationship. Especially these little things.

I could understand confronting him if maybe the document on his computer from her had been directed towards him or you. But the fact that it was a document about a party, makes it basically a harmless one.

I will agree with you about the fact that he should not have lied about the fact that she was there. And it wasn't very smart of him to delete the message and then offer the computer up for your inspection. Keep in mind however, he doesn't know that you had been snooping on his computer. Maybe by deleting it, he was just trying to avoid any unnecessary conflict, however insignificant it was.

This one time, I'd say just let it slide.