I feel unhappy and alone...

BigJenn

I have a problem. I've been madly in love with a man for two years and we really just can't seem to get things right. It feels like when he says jump, I say how high. I feel like I'm growing financially, emotionally and mentally broke from this man. Yes, he's done things for me also but not to the magnitude that i have for him. Everytime I try to tell him how I feel he always thinks I'm trying to start a fight. It feels like everything I say goes in one ear and out the other. HELP! I'm always crying and sometimes drive myself sick worrying over this. How can I talk to him and what do I say so that we can actaully TALK not fight. I don't want to lose him but I feel if I don't do something that I'm going to lose myself. PLEASE someone help. I'll take ANY advice.

If it's been two years and you two still "can't seem to get things right", your relationship doesn't sound wonderful at all.

After you've been kissing his butt for 2 years, it's hard to erase everything and start all over with the same person.

You said, "I feel like I'm growing financially, emotionally and mentally broke from this man". If you feel that way, it is DEFINITELY time to move on. And you said, "I feel unhappy and alone..."

This is the total opposite of what you should feel when you're in a relationship. Healthy relationships make people feel wonderful about themselves, feel happy, feel loved, feel satisfied. If not, something is really wrong and you need to get out of it ASAP.

Break up with him. Cut your losses short and MOVE ON. And in the future, never allow a guy to walk all over you, and be more confident about yourself. It is NOT his fault that he's left you feeling financially, emotionally, and mentally broke. It is YOUR fault for putting up with it.

I am in the same situation with a bit more comliacation. I can't tell you how to belive that you will be better off without him, but i think it's true. I haven't yet figured out how to actually GO FOR IT & leave him either, but it IS what needs to be done. There is no excuse in the world for putting up with fear, and self-doubt because of someone who 'CLAIMS' to love you. Not for 5 minutes, not for 5 years. Thats really not how love works. ya know?

First step is getting over the denial that you've wasted enough time already. Well, if anyone has any tips from expereince with this on how to MAKE this happen when you've lived so long this way - aside from "oh just do it"... Im all ears too!!!

Its quite common in relationships for one person to love the person more. But the giving and the receiving should be equal, although we all have different ways of expressing our love. If however, you have been struggling over this for four years, and you feel you are sacrificing far more than you can emotionally and financially afford just to keep this thing afloat, than perhaps it has become toxic and you need to stop and reevaluate.

If it's been two years and you two still "can't seem to get things right", your relationship doesn't sound wonderful at all. After you've been kissing his butt for 2 years, it's hard to erase everything and start all over with the same person. You said, "I feel like I'm growing financially, emotionally and mentally broke from this man". If you feel that way, it is DEFINITELY time to move on. And you said, "I feel unhappy and alone..." This is the total opposite of what you should feel when you're in a relationship. Healthy relationships make people feel wonderful about themselves, feel happy, feel loved, feel satisfied. If not, something is really wrong and you need to get out of it ASAP. Break up with him. Cut your losses short and MOVE ON. And in the future, never allow a guy to walk all over you, and be more confident about yourself. It is NOT his fault that he's left you feeling financially, emotionally, and mentally broke. It is YOUR fault for putting up with it.