big age difference

I need some advice. I love Matt and have for about 4 years. He sais he loves me too. I know he does, but I am 41 and he is 24. Is there anyway that we can make it together, or am I just fooling myself.

We have lived together off and on for the last 4 years and are planning to buy a house together, but he said he is scared. Sometimes I think he would be better off without me, but I just can't seem to let him go. My son thinks of him as a step dad.

Has anyone out there made a relationship like this work?

Please help me.

I'm in a relationship right now but, our age difference is only 8 years. My fiance is younger than myself. My family didn't approve of it at first but, love will keep the two of you together. I felt that my fiance,Josh 21, and myself 29, could make it work so long as we believed in what we have together. I was in a 5 year relationahip before this one and the man was 10 years older than myself but, he treated me awfully. I don't feel that age matters so long as the two of you have a strong and loving bond. You both have to ask yourselfs "can I see myself with this person for the rest of my life?". Regardless of what anyone else has to say go with your heart and enjoy "your" life!!!! What is he sacred about? What are you scared about? You both need to make a plan and a commitment to each other and stick to it. I need some advice. I love Matt and have for about 4 years. He sais he loves me too. I know he does, but I am 41 and he is 24. Is there anyway that we can make it together, or am I just fooling myself. We have lived together off and on for the last 4 years and are planning to buy a house together, but he said he is scared. Sometimes I think he would be better off without me, but I just can't seem to let him go. My son thinks of him as a step dad. Has anyone out there made a relationship like this work? Please help me.

Hi Pat,

I know you feel you are in love and maybe you are, but no

matter what anyone says that is a big age difference.

I say enjoy the sex, but look for someone closer to your age. It will not show now, but in 10 years when you are

51 and he is 34.. that is when he will start looking around, hell probably sooner.. I hate bursting your bubble

but look inside your heart and you will know i speak the

truth. I would love to talk more with you, if interested.

Jim

I need some advice. I love Matt and have for about 4 years. He sais he loves me too. I know he does, but I am 41 and he is 24. Is there anyway that we can make it together, or am I just fooling myself. We have lived together off and on for the last 4 years and are planning to buy a house together, but he said he is scared. Sometimes I think he would be better off without me, but I just can't seem to let him go. My son thinks of him as a step dad. Has anyone out there made a relationship like this work? Please help me.
  • 3 weeks later...

if you really love one another, you should not be afraid to take the risk. whatever happens, there will always be lessons learned... and you were given opportunities to grow and mature in wisdom. in effect, you will learn to love more. after all, love is not always 'joys', embrace pain --- it will purify your love for one another. good luck and do not forget to pray together.