What do you do when your best friend makes a move on you

unsigned

I'm a guy and my best friend made a move on me this past weekend. I used to want to date her when we meet 1.5 years ago. Over time I gave up on that thought, because I thought she wasn't interested in me for anything other than a good friend. So on Saturday night I was caught very off guard by her advances. I didn't say much because I wanted to let her talk. I now feel bad because I don't think she knows that I liked her and just how wonderful I think she is. I wish I told her this on Saturday but I didn't. We were supposed to talk about it tonight but now she doesn't want to talk about it any more. She said that she is sorry it happened, and very embarrassed by it. I still want to tell her how I feel but she doesn't want to talk about it.

Should I just forget about it or make sure I tell her? Things seem different to me since then.

Thanks

In matters such as this, the woman almost always presents a window of opportunity for the male...but it doesn't last long. The window was opened for you on Saturday night and you didn't open your mouth or otherwise make a move.

The window is now shut and you will have to wait for the next window of opportunity...if one is actually presented again...and you better be ready to act quickly because, as I said, the window of opportunity shuts rather quickly.

In matters such as this, the woman almost always presents a window of opportunity for the male...but it doesn't last long. The window was opened for you on Saturday night and you didn't open your mouth or otherwise make a move. The window is now shut and you will have to wait for the next window of opportunity...if one is actually presented again...and you better be ready to act quickly because, as I said, the window of opportunity shuts rather quickly.

I don't understand why women do that. If like someone i wouldn't give them a window. But i guess your right.

Do you have any suggestions if things still seem strange when i'm around/talk to her?

Thanks

femaleperspective
I don't understand why women do that. If like someone i wouldn't give them a window. But i guess your right. Do you have any suggestions if things still seem strange when i'm around/talk to her? Thanks

She just might feel weird that her advances were not responded to, no one likes to feel rejected and she is probably feeling really embarased by her behavior. Just put yourself in her shoes, and how do you think you would want to be treated, give her some space, and just be a friend, ya never know whats around the corner..., from someone who tried and got much of the same reaction that you gave to her. Try to let go, if it is ment to be, it will happen.good luck

I don't know who might still read this. I can also see femaleperspective's on this. And that upsets me to think that if I told her I don't think that she would be embarrassed. I really regret that I didn't do things different, and still want to tell her. I guess I have to wait and see what happens.

unsigned