Any thoughts???

Discussion

Did Nostradamus predict this horror?

" In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart by chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb", " the third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Nostradamus 1654

Also,

" THinking to condemn the New City,

The bird of prey comes to offer itself to the heavens

After victory pardon to captives,

Great evil will be suffered (through)fire & mantels of assult"

Any thoughts?

Nostradamus was very general in most of his predictions, making them loose and subject to a great spectrum of interpretive possibilities.

Nostradamus predicted a lot of things, such as earthquakes in California, which happened well out of step with his timing. The New York fiasco was supposed to happen several years ago and, in this quatrain, the demise of the "big city," thought to be New York, was predicted.

New York is still there and will be for a while. The United States is stronger than ever in its resolve to resist any enemy and its resilience will spring it back better than ever.

I'm sure Nostradamus was a very nice guy but I think he was just born way too early to work for the Psychic Friends Network so he set his predictions, as vague and general as they may be, out on paper. And he was lucky to hit on some things...like the assasination of President Kennedy (maybe)...and the Psychic Friends hit on some things to before it went bankrupt six years ago.

There's a video out about Nostradamus, available at most video rental stores, narrated by Orson Welles. It's great entertainment and Orson makes a compelling argument for the legitimacy of Nostradamus as a qualified soothsayer.

If any person reading this sets out to write generalities about the future, given time almost anything can happen. Look who we have for a president.

You mean to say Nostradamus knew Bush's NAME centuries before Bush was even born?

Nostradamus was very general in most of his predictions, making them loose and subject to a great spectrum of interpretive possibilities.

Nostradamus predicted a lot of things, such as earthquakes in California, which happened well out of step with his timing. The New York fiasco was supposed to happen several years ago and, in this quatrain, the demise of the "big city," thought to be New York, was predicted.

New York is still there and will be for a while. The United States is stronger than ever in its resolve to resist any enemy and its resilience will spring it back better than ever. I'm sure Nostradamus was a very nice guy but I think he was just born way too early to work for the Psychic Friends Network so he set his predictions, as vague and general as they may be, out on paper. And he was lucky to hit on some things...like the assasination of President Kennedy (maybe)...and the Psychic Friends hit on some things to before it went bankrupt six years ago. There's a video out about Nostradamus, available at most video rental stores, narrated by Orson Welles. It's great entertainment and Orson makes a compelling argument for the legitimacy of Nostradamus as a qualified soothsayer. If any person reading this sets out to write generalities about the future, given time almost anything can happen. Look who we have for a president.

Although I think you are being a little too critical of the man's predictions, I personally don't think this is the so called big one.

New York is still there and will be for a while. The United States is stronger than ever in its resolve to resist any enemy and its resilience will spring it back better than ever. I'm sure Nostradamus was a very nice guy but I think he was just born way too early to work for the Psychic Friends Network so he set his predictions, as vague and general as they may be, out on paper. And he was lucky to hit on some things...like the assasination of President Kennedy (maybe)...and the Psychic Friends hit on some things to before it went bankrupt six years ago. There's a video out about Nostradamus, available at most video rental stores, narrated by Orson Welles. It's great entertainment and Orson makes a compelling argument for the legitimacy of Nostradamus as a qualified soothsayer. If any person reading this sets out to write generalities about the future, given time almost anything can happen. Look who we have for a president.

Or the four horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Did Nostradamus predict this horror? " In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart by chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb", " the third big war will begin when the big city is burning" Nostradamus 1654 Also, " THinking to condemn the New City,

The bird of prey comes to offer itself to the heavens After victory pardon to captives, Great evil will be suffered (through)fire & mantels of assult" Any thoughts?