I am devasted with what has happened. We should be taking time out to pray..

Mourning

I don't see how anyone can post love problems on this site in such a time of sorrow and grief during the aftermath of the attack on America.

My heart goes out to everyone touched by this catastrophe and there is no doubt that we have come to the end of an era.

YOU STATE: "I don't see how anyone can post love problems on this site in such a time of sorrow and grief during the aftermath of the attack on America."

If these problems are concerning people, they should post them and seek help. I don't think it is healthy to stick in front of a television 24/7 and listen to the rehashing of events over and over again. People must take care of themselves, even in the face of national tragedy.

While I do agree that this is a time of great sorrow for America, I don't think it's a time to obsess over what has happened and what we as individuals can do nothing about. We must pay tribute to the victims of this tragedy by not giving in to terrorists by halting our lives. We must go about our business, and leave the retaliation to the military...the people we pay to do such a job.

YOU ALSO WRITE: "My heart goes out to everyone touched by this catastrophe and there is no doubt that we have come to the end of an era."

I don't think we've come to an end of anything. When the dinosaurs were wiped out 65 million years ago, the earth rebuilt itself and eventually humans appeared. Millions of years later, America appeared. America has faced a Civil War, two World Wars, a major Depression, Presidential Assasinations, bloody race riots, all kinds of natural disasters such as earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc. and we came out stronger than ever.

In the mid 70's, when gas went from 29.9 cents per gallon to $1, people thought life as it had been was over forever...and it's only gotten better. In 1979, when Iran held 80 American hostages and the prime rate went to 21.5 percent and home mortgages were at 14.5 percent, people thought life would never be the same...but it's only gotten better. Now home mortgages are about 7 percent, and even less in some places.

In the mid-70s, during the oil crisis mentioned above, America was in a deep, dark recession. Vice President Spiro Agnew was indicted and forced to resign. President Richard Nixon was close to impeachment for obstruction of justice during the Watergate affair and resigned in August of 1974. Hershey bars went from five cents to 50 cents. People thought that life as we knew it was over...but it has only gotten better.

America is a resilient land with people who are determined to let no circumstances get the best of them. While life may be a little more difficult for air travelers, I promise you that we will get through this and life will go on...and the American way will only get better and better.

The American experiment has proven itself to work extremely well. It'll take a lot more than cheap terrorists leveling some buildings and snuffing the life out of our beloved friends and heroes to get the best of us. So let us talk about love and life and help each other with our problems.

"That which does not kill me...strengthens me." - Friedrich Nietzsche, 19th Century German Philosopher.

I agree with Tony, if we stop living our lives, we give in to terrorism and despair and we let them win. The tragedy is great, sure, but do you really think the victims would want their loved ones and their country to go into depression and stop living.

If I think about dying myself, I hope my family and my friends will keep me in happy memory and that they will go on with their lives and still be happy or find new happiness. I would not want them to fall into despair and depression. Actually there is a thing about Irish funerals I love (btw I am not Irish). First you have the wake, you will mourn the loved one, you will cry and maybe even scream, went out the loss and sadness and the anger of having been left and then comes the drinking, the jokes and even the dancing. Life has to go on. Death in its way is like a birth, the one dying is being born into an other life (all faiths have one or an other kind of afterlife), so we dont really mourn the dead one, we mourn our own loss. This Irish funerals are in my mind a very healthy way to deal with your loss and to make sure that life and happiness go on. Specially since you share both, the mourning and the merriment with friends and relatives, with other people who have to deal with loosing the same person.

So keep the dead in loving memory, pray for them if you are into praying, help the living and go on with your life. Dont get into survivors guilt, it helps nobody and least of all the victims.