IN-LAW HORROR

diva714

my in-laws are horrible people, they lie and connive behind my back. they try to set up special meetings between my husband and his ex all the time. i dont get along with them so i stay away from any and all social gatherings that they have. the problem is my husband dont support their actions but it is still his family. i know he feels torn between us and this problem he tries to please both by attending alone sometimes and not attending sometimes. i feel like it is unfair to him to have to put up with this. i have tried talking to them but nothing has worked. they spread lies about me and then they make up stories to make me leave him. they use his children against by saying the kids dont want to be around me when the truth is their mothers dont want them to like me. any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry that you're going through all of this.

Do you have any idea WHY your inlaws don't like you? Do they wish he'd married someone else instead? Do they wish he'd stayed with his ex-wife instead?

Were you and him together while he was married to his ex-wife and they think you broke up his marriage?

I take it you all live in the same area/city?

Can you and your husband move away so that you're not close enough to be able to have these preplanned get-togethers?

How long have you been married for and has it been like this all the time?

L

yes they wanted him to stay with his ex girlfriend, no we were not together when they were. i met him a year after he left her. but they were still trying to make him get back with her. they dont like me because i wont participate in their gossip talks or bash other relatives with them. all the while they r bashing me too. because of his and my ties to the community we can not leave and move to another town. if you have had this experience before or just have some sound advice i would appreciate it. it is killing my husband to be in the middle of all this.

Sorry that you're going through all of this.

Do you have any idea WHY your inlaws don't like you? Do they wish he'd married someone else instead? Do they wish he'd stayed with his ex-wife instead? Were you and him together while he was married to his ex-wife and they think you broke up his marriage? I take it you all live in the same area/city?

Can you and your husband move away so that you're not close enough to be able to have these preplanned get-togethers? How long have you been married for and has it been like this all the time? L