Been friends for 15 years and moving forward

Guinevere04

I asked this over on the sex relationships board too but maybe this is the better place. I have been friends with a guy for 15 years, we never tried to date but just recently told me that he has had feelings for me all this time and thinks that I am heaven sent. After digesting it for the last 3 months, I have fallen for him and we are really good together since we have known each other so long and know each other so well. The bad thing is, he says that he has me up on such a pedestal that he is having a hard time seeing me sexually. I mean, like a physical difficult time. It makes us both feel bad. I am trying to be patient because he has been patient with me for 15 years but I just wondered if anyone else has ever had something like this happen when moving from really good friends to boyfriend/girlfriend.

He is probably scared to DEATH.

If he has loved you for a long time, he probably can't believe how lucky he is!

In the meantime, be patient with him and time will work its magic.

15 years is around the same # as me and my friend moving in that direction were always best friends,, something has to happen with us in the next week or 2 ,, we havent had a serious talk about it yet,just giving her her time to get over the ex ,ill be watching your post and fill you in on me,,

• Author
Guinevere04
He is probably scared to DEATH.

If he has loved you for a long time, he probably can't believe how lucky he is!

In the meantime, be patient with him and time will work its magic.

I'm sure that's what it is but it just makes me paranoid that maybe I am not what he had hoped after all these years. I think that if I wasnt, he wouldnt continue to show such interest.