can anyone give me an objective opinion?

jet

Here's the situation...I am a 21 yr old manager and spend alot of time with the people i work with, but there is one guy i really like. we get along really well and have alot in common but he's 19. I've been trying not to make it noticeable that I'm interested but everyone else at work has noticed that he's been flirting with me. i want to ask him what he feels but if I'm seeing too much into it and he's not interested i'm afraid I will make him uncomfortable at work. I'm also afraid that if he is interested I will have to ask him transfer to another branch of the company as is our policy which suggests to him I want to take this relationship seriously, but I just want to be with him, not scare him.

Please can anyone help me so I can stop stressing?

Just ask him out sometime and see what he is like, and how much he really likes you.

I think you should avoid reading too much into it before anything happens. If something does happen, well if you really want to be with him you should keep it quiet at work and let it take it's course outside the workplace.

If you pursue this, it is fraught with many potential dangers.

Oliver

Thanks Oliver,

He often asks me to go out outside of work and we do, but it is always with other friends from work and they can see somethings going on, they brought it to my attention that he might be interested and continually ask what is happening but both of us aren't letting anything on....other than that we are close friends

thanks for the advice, I should just confront him i s'pose and lay it all out on the table..

Just ask him out sometime and see what he is like, and how much he really likes you. I think you should avoid reading too much into it before anything happens. If something does happen, well if you really want to be with him you should keep it quiet at work and let it take it's course outside the workplace. If you pursue this, it is fraught with many potential dangers. Oliver

What worries me the most is that these other workmates know that something is going on. They might think it's cool but what if word gets to upper management? I was in a simliar situation last year (I was a manager and he was a part time employee) and we managed to keep it quiet for 6 months then were seen by a few other employees who started gossiping about it and before long my boss found out and my boyfriend got transferred and I got an official warning. It ended up breaking us up too, and I never got back my boss' respect. Be careful.

Thanks Oliver, He often asks me to go out outside of work and we do, but it is always with other friends from work and they can see somethings going on, they brought it to my attention that he might be interested and continually ask what is happening but both of us aren't letting anything on....other than that we are close friends thanks for the advice, I should just confront him i s'pose and lay it all out on the table..