general question for all?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between loving someon and being in love with someone, and which one is the deeper feeling?

I think that being in love is the giddy, happy, effusive, brain chemistry-induced, hormonal, pure joy you feel in the other's presence. Loving is the deep, lasting, committed, enhancing and all-abiding feeling being in love can lead to and what lasts throughout the years.

Then again, I could be all wrong!

I view it this way and always have. Keep in mind that I like to keep my thoughts simplistic as to rule out the confusion.

I believe you can love (deeply love) a lot of people in your lifetime, ie parents, children, siblings best friends, even an animal etc. All for different reasons even.

Being "in love" should be reserved for the person you want to live your life with as your partner.

Anyone else is in the love category for me (a lot of people in this category - which is also very nice for happiness).

Does that makes sense? Maybe not, but that is how I believe....

• Author

Thank you for the input...Ihave to say that 2Sunny's reply is also the way that I take these words....I love so many people out there as far friends, family and yes some strangers that I meet in my profession and i also love so many on this site, but I am truly in love with only 1 person...I just needed some back up for my peace of mind...thanks again!

Why the desperation, whisnimz? Is there some pressing deadline or issue?

• Author

No pressing issue just trying to get some insight on other's feelings as I have a term paper that justifies the way one sees the difference between two sayings that ae relitvely close and ithought this would be a good one as I am going through all of this stuff and I have been doind a lot of thoght into it for personal reasons as wel as phsycology reasons.

Thank you!