Alot of people in this forum (including me) talk about signs of cheating etc. I was wondering what people thought are the signs they can truly trust a person. How can you tell the difference if you being too cautious and paranoid or knowing you are feeling this way for rightful reasons? Is it easy for to put that much trust in someone or it just comes naturally because you feel they are a good person and worthy of that trust? Also, how can you improve your trusting skills if you are with someone and want to change?

For you, is it more trust has to be earned or you trust them completely until proven wrong? I am with someone and caught him in one lie and also another (which he doesnt know about the second one or won't admit to it) and he says it was to avoid me getting jealous or starting an arguement--I am trusting it was for that reason and not to get away with more than that. Despite that, I still feel that everyone lies in relationships whether it is between friends or b/f and g/f etc. such as white lies. What lies in a relationship would you tolerate and try to work through? I think it is naive to believe any 2 people can be completely honest all the time with one another. For example, lying so the other person doesn't get jealous over something they believe is innocent--would you tolerate that? Or can you only tolerate those white every day lies that people tell.