too early?

Angel40382

My boyfriend was out of a relationship for maybe a month, before we started dating. They dated for like 2 years. Do you think it is too soon for him to be in a semi-serious relationship? At first he talked about his ex, but now he doesn't ever, because my friend told him that could bother me. But I confronted him, and he said that he was with *me* now, that he only wants to be with *me* now, but i sit and wonder, how much of his feelings are for me, and how much am i just replacing it to make him feel like he is needed still? You can not just up and not care or not love someone in a matter of days or weeks. Any advice or words to share?

YOU STATE: "You can not just up and not care or not love someone in a matter of days or weeks."

Well, some people can. But most often, the relationship was going downhill for a very long time. By the time the break up occured, one or both parties were pretty much over it.

As a practical matter, you shouldn't date people who are recently out of a relationship and, yes, he could be using you for comfort. But judge things for how YOU feel about them. If he's making you feel loved and special, that's all that counts for now.