HURRY, I need some advice here, please

Elsie

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years and we're both in our mid twenties. We came across the topic of marriage the other day and he told me that he couldn't see us getting married in the near future and that he doubts whether i was " the one". Obviously i love him a lot and want to marry him someday. But should I hang in there or was it quite clear that he just want to break up? what can I do for us to stay together

Sometimes people say things a certain way because they were just not prepared to respond to a particular question. However, your boyfriend's response was certainly not a very romantic one.

Have one more talk with him. Check out his statements and make sure you are clear on his position.

If he reaffirms that he feels you are not the person he wants to marry...after FIVE years of being together...you can be fairly sure that he has no intentions of marrying you.

If the relationship is otherwise comfortable and you are happy with it, you can just hang in there and deal with its likely impermanence.

If you are looking to get married sometime in the next five or ten years, you might think about finding a guy who feels you are the right person for him.

Well, this wasn't the first conversation. Previously, he just says he's comfortable now and see no need to get married anytime soon but this time he made a point of saying this, because, in his word, he "doesn't want to give me any false expectations" so, is it clear enough?

Sometimes people say things a certain way because they were just not prepared to respond to a particular question. However, your boyfriend's response was certainly not a very romantic one.

Have one more talk with him. Check out his statements and make sure you are clear on his position. If he reaffirms that he feels you are not the person he wants to marry...after FIVE years of being together...you can be fairly sure that he has no intentions of marrying you. If the relationship is otherwise comfortable and you are happy with it, you can just hang in there and deal with its likely impermanence. If you are looking to get married sometime in the next five or ten years, you might think about finding a guy who feels you are the right person for him.