I've met a girl about 8 months ago; Really great girl BTW. We'd bump into each other or email periodically. I knew she was divorced with a kid, she has a guy, been with him for about 4 years. They live together.

I've respected that border, and became friends with this girl. Always kept conversations casual and/or humorus. Never overstepped the border. I do suspect that she has never told her man about me (that's her choice).

The other day I met her for coffee. We were in the middle of a normal conversation, when she started to tear up. She told me that she could never leave her guy, because she would never financially make it. We both stared into each others eyes for what seemed to be about 30 seconds of silence. Just then a friend of hers appeared out of nowhere and said "hi" and started a conversation with her. I didn't have much time left to stick around, and continue our conversation, so I got up from the table and told the girls that I had to go, and said my goodbyes.

I walked away feeling confused and scared, I didn't quite understand what she was trying to say to me. I don't feel comfortable talking to her and asking her what she was trying to say. I'm not sure if I want to know, or see her tear up again. I just happen to be single, dating, not seriously involved. I've always been aware of what I've said, and never flirted with her. conversations never ever reached an emotional level, until that day.

Two things come to mind:

1. She was looking to start an affair with me.

2. She wanted me rush in and rescue her from her relationship

I don't know? What was happening?

Blind Illusion

Two things come to mind:

1. She was looking to start an affair with me.

2. She wanted me rush in and rescue her from her relationship

I don't know? What was happening?

Both of those things you suggested could be true. I also thought maybe she felt so stuck in a hopeless situation and that's the reason she was emotional.