Why me?

Lost Jeffy

I have been dating my girlfriend for about 8 months now and she has alot of guy friends. She hangs out w/ them sometimes. She has a friend from college that she has been out to dinner with and has gone to the movies, I have gotten a little jealous, like any human would. She tells me to hang out w/ my girlfriends as well, so I did last night. I went out and got a couple of drinks w/ my friend and a couple of others. So I get an email from her and it states that she never wants to see me again, and not to reply to the email or call her to dicuss the breakup, thats it no more contact. I find this very imature, we are both 24 and this isn't something that should be done over email, it should be in person, don't you think? Is it that she's just mad and thats her way of defending herself? I find this very odd that she tells me to go out w/ them and then breaks up w/ me. Can anyone shed some light on the situtaion please??

don't know, jeffy, but it sounds to me like she was LOOKING for any reason to end things. granted, this has got to be about the most PATHETIC way of doing it, but that's my take on this one.

i'm sure it'll be hard as hell, but i'd try to keep from contacting her to question her . . . i don't think you'll get any answers.

I have been dating my girlfriend for about 8 months now and she has alot of guy friends. She hangs out w/ them sometimes. She has a friend from college that she has been out to dinner with and has gone to the movies, I have gotten a little jealous, like any human would. She tells me to hang out w/ my girlfriends as well, so I did last night. I went out and got a couple of drinks w/ my friend and a couple of others. So I get an email from her and it states that she never wants to see me again, and not to reply to the email or call her to dicuss the breakup, thats it no more contact. I find this very imature, we are both 24 and this isn't something that should be done over email, it should be in person, don't you think? Is it that she's just mad and thats her way of defending herself? I find this very odd that she tells me to go out w/ them and then breaks up w/ me. Can anyone shed some light on the situtaion please??

yeah - she was totally looking for an excuse to break up.

hey - it's better than cheating on u :)

so just take it easy, heal & move on!!

Glad you found the *cahonas* to turn it around on her! Serves her right. Just sorry you're so disappointed at how it turned out. Problem is, sounds like she wasn't much of a girlfriend to begin with. Especially if she was spending more free time with her "male friends" than she was with you---and wasn't at all bothered by the thought of you spending time with other women---UNTIL IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED! She probably thought she had you in her back pocket and could do whatever-the-hell she wanted and you were too *nice* to protest or do anything about it. So happy you weren't like one of those poor *weak* saps who sit around and pout. You took the liberty to go out and have a life of your own...YES! You should be glad to be rid of the loser! Keep company with your female friends and don't let this bad experience cause you to build walls. Keep your heart open and someone BETTER will come along.

...Just remember the lesson, and be sure not to do the same thing to someone else one day :)