men- thinking process

scotch

Me and this guy have flirted forever but have "decided" that we will not be more then friends- after that we did not flirt for a while- but recently as things have become more normal after the ackwardness- we do flirt again. If I have told him that I want him to be happy , meaning with someone else, ( and i do), do you think he believes me? do men just take it at face value? that also doesnt mean i really wanna hear about any woman he thinks is cute- just if he really falls in love- i would be willing to talk to him if he needed to..anyways, he brought up that he saw some girl that was cute....why? cause he wants a rise out of me or because he is taking my words at face value?

If a guy has expressed feelings for you and you don't share those feelings, it's best not to have a lot to do with him for a while. Continuing to be his friend is only going to encourage most guys who have been smitten, unfortunately.

So you can assume that he is still liking you a lot and hoping you will someday return the feelings. Help him go find a girlfriend and back off somewhat.

If you really only care for this guy as a friend, it could take a long time before he gives up on you if you are nice enough to allow him to be with you and do things with you.

On the other hand, if you are going to be his friend, you should be very happy to hear about the girls he likes and don't make a big issue of it. My guess is he's doing that just to make you jealous so maybe you will start liking him.

You will never understand the male thinking process so don't even try.