GF being friends with her Ex

Dave

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Should I be alert?

Just as longs is only friendship and nothing else I am friends with my ex.. But we have kids together...I think when a relationship is over it should be over.. Just have an eye open

I think it's problematic, but to be honest, I have a host of insecurities.

In reality, I think that mature people can just be friends with their exes.

Sometimes, people find out they make better friends than lovers and that's it. No more, no less.

Know that she and he are still friends, but give your relationship with her time to grow (and trust time to flourish).

If she starts hiding stuff from you and you get other clues, then maybe you should worry.

In a way, the fact that she's mature enough to get out of an "over" relationship, move on, and still be friends with the ex, says a lot about her ability to put a proper end to things.

Don't borrow trouble where there may be none.

Good luck!

I agree with the above post.

I am still friends with on of my exes, the father of my kids. We split friends, just he romantic, sexual relationsship didnt work out anymore. We are still co-workers and friends. On the other hand, I am not friends with my ex-husband. I guess it depends how and why you split and on the maturity of both parties.

If it is just friendship, dont you worry. It tells you that your gf is a mature and caring person. Why should she hate him because it didnt work out as a bf/gf relationsship?

Dont worry, be happy!:-))

• 2 weeks later...

There is always a reason ex's stay friends. They want something from eachother. It could be anything, even in the subonscious. And thats not necessarily a physical relationship...

she may want to be friends to shoe it in his face that she has a boyfriend-an inner sweet revenge that gives her a thrill, he may find her more attractive now she is taken.

Whatever it is its not healthy-but then again whois? :o) If it bugs you alot and you are serious about eachother you are well within your rights to tell her it makes you uncomfortable and see if she is willing to compromise.

Try not to expect her/pressure her to give him up. if she wants to fine, if not you will have to trust her.