need urgent advice!!!!

Robert

I'm in my early 30's already and have secretly love this guy friend of mine for almost 1 year. He recently confided in me that he just broke up with his gf. I was really shocked that he told me since i though one usually would choose to break the news to his/her best friend of the same sex? just want to invite some views from the opposite sex as to his intentions

His intentions were to inform you that he had broken up with his girlfriend. Don't read anything into that one way or the other. You are also very incorrect to assume there is a specific protocol for giving out this kind of news.

If he is hurting, this would not be a great time to announce your feelings. But when you feel the time is right, you really ought to let him know you are interested in being more than friends.

He may be receptive and he may not be...you might even destroy the friendship...but you cannot remain in the situation you are...liking him as much more than a friend and watching him going out with other women. That's not being very kind to yourself.

If you are wanting more and he is not, you ought to back off for a while. But you may find out he is quite receptive to the idea. This is simply something you have to do for yourself. But wait until just the right time and that is totally up to you to decide. Don't be impatient.