promise rings

Sandra

what's the story on promise rings?

are they similar to an engagement ring--just a smaller diamond, or is it just a nice ring with the attached name of a promise ring?

plus if you have any other info on what they are all about-would be glad to hear from you

thanks!

what's the story on promise rings? are they similar to an engagement ring--just a smaller diamond, or is it just a nice ring with the attached name of a promise ring? plus if you have any other info on what they are all about-would be glad to hear from you thanks!

I'm not sure if the one you are referring to is of this type, but the major type of promise ring I've heard of is a chastity ring. Basically, the wearer leaves the promise ring on as way of dedicating themselves to their future spouse in mind and body.

Also, it could be that the wearer has just made a different sort of promise to someone and that the ring serves as a symbol and reminder to keep that promise.

That's just what I've heard...this world is so diverse a "promise" ring could be anything. Best of luck in your search.

Excelsior

• 4 weeks later...

Back in the day, when young men would go off to war or college, they would give their sweetheart a promise ring as a way of promising to come back for them. It is sort of a pre-engagement ring.

what's the story on promise rings? are they similar to an engagement ring--just a smaller diamond, or is it just a nice ring with the attached name of a promise ring? plus if you have any other info on what they are all about-would be glad to hear from you thanks!