I was diagnosed as being bipolar a number of months ago, was prescribed medication, and it has been a Godsend. For the past few months, I feel very fortunate to be stable in my moods. I'm hopeful that this will remain.

I've been in an office situation for six years. There has been a female coworker that I was attracted to (we are both married). In my hypomanic state, I was guilty of flirting with her. She rejected me flatly. I don't blame her in the slightest. (I'd appreciate it that you don't make judgements here unless you are familiar with the disorder).

It's been known around the office of my mental health issue, and that I've finally been able to receive treatment. For the first time in years, I feel so very good. My moods have been quite level. I pray this remains. People have seen a difference in me and I feel very fortunate.

That said, there is damage control I need to do. I find it very strange that my coworker has been very friendly with me -- too friendly. She's taken up conversations with me and smiles a lot. It's left me scratching my head in wonder. She approaches me time and time again. I need to set some boundaries. Strangely, the shoe is now on the other foot. I really don't get the sense that this is somehow "payback." She seems genuine in this, but it's making me feel uncomfortable.

Being on meds hasn't taken away the attraction, but it has taken away the compulsion to flirt. I need this job. Can anyone give me some general guidelines as far as appropriate boundaries (physical space, types of conversations, extent of discussions)? How direct should I be with her to tell her about this, or should the boundaries speak for themselves?