Internet?

Push Comes to Shove

Push Comes to Shove

I was wondering how you go about the internet dating services. I found somebody I liked on one site, became a member, created a profile with a picture and replied to her.

I've exchanged emails with this young woman, we both have things in common, both are single, both exchanged pictures, both live within about 40 minutes within one another. Which, I work about an hour away from where I live, so that is difinitely close for me. Anyway, What do I do for the next step, do i ask her for her phone number, ask to hang out sometime, I'm new with the internet dating sites, really not sure how they work, thanks,

PCTS.

this can be a bit tricky sometimes, but i would recommend asking for her phone number so you can actually SPEAK to her. if she's not comfortable with that, you can always offer yours.

you just have to be careful when the actual "meeting time" comes. pick a public place and meet her there -- that's probably the best way to go about it. also, this may sound a little extreme, but let someone know where you're going and all, JUST IN CASE!!

you just have to use common sense with this, because people are (or SHOULD BE!) on their guard with meeting people from the internet.

i'll tell ya, i met my current girlfriend on the internet, we've been together for over a year now, and i am MADLY in love with her -- i FULLY SUPPORT meeting people on the internet! GOOD LUCK!!!

I was wondering how you go about the internet dating services. I found somebody I liked on one site, became a member, created a profile with a picture and replied to her. I've exchanged emails with this young woman, we both have things in common, both are single, both exchanged pictures, both live within about 40 minutes within one another. Which, I work about an hour away from where I live, so that is difinitely close for me. Anyway, What do I do for the next step, do i ask her for her phone number, ask to hang out sometime, I'm new with the internet dating sites, really not sure how they work, thanks,

PCTS.

If you feel you'd prefer to start talking on the phone, then offer your phone number to her, DO NOT ASK HER FOR HERS. No 'smart' woman is going to feel comfortable handing out her number to some guy she met online. She might even be creeped out.

It's best to give her yours..and tell her if she feels better, she can block out her number (*67) when she calls. There are a lot of creepy stalker type guys on the personals....and women have to be more cautious then men....so don't ask her for her number. If you get to the point where you agree that it might be time to talk on the phone, then offer yours.

L

it does make sense that a woman might get "creeped-out" by asking for her number. so, i'd recommend just asking HER what she's comfortable with -- you get her number, or she gets yours. the problem is, some women are simply not comfortable making the "first call" . . . this is where you may get stuck by simply giving her your number.

everyone's got different ideas about "internet dating", so i'd simply discuss her views on things, then kind of go from there.

If you feel you'd prefer to start talking on the phone, then offer your phone number to her, DO NOT ASK HER FOR HERS. No 'smart' woman is going to feel comfortable handing out her number to some guy she met online. She might even be creeped out. It's best to give her yours..and tell her if she feels better, she can block out her number (*67) when she calls. There are a lot of creepy stalker type guys on the personals....and women have to be more cautious then men....so don't ask her for her number. If you get to the point where you agree that it might be time to talk on the phone, then offer yours. L